Home Captain, Inc. is NOT a lender or affiliated with any government entity, including but not limited to the VA.
Home Captain, Inc. (Last Updated: October 10, 2017)
Our Secure System Protects You.
Our website uses procedures and technology designed to provide the highest levels of security. Any information you submit on our website is protected by an Extended Validation Certificate. An Extended Validation Certificate is the most up to date form of SSL Certificate encryption security, and it ensures that any data you send to our website is properly encrypted and can’t be accessed by hackers or others wishing to gain access to your personal information. Only authorized agents of Home Captain, Inc., can access your private information. We understand that online customers must be assured that their information will be kept secure, but we have to warn that no computer security systems are completely impenetrable and we cannot guarantee that your information will remain safe. You, as a consumer, should always take adequate measures to protect your personal information to prevent potential identity theft.
The type of information we collect and how we use it.
The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields on our website;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
The customer information you provide may be used by us in the following ways:
- Your information may be used to process your request to be paired with a real estate agent and/or real estate broker and/or inform you of financial, real estate, insurance or other related services that may be of interest. We may utilize your information to reach out to you through e-mail, direct mail, or telephone. We may also use your information in order to provide you with a high level of customer support and to improve our website.
- We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, other users and our business partners.
- We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of our website or services (such as details o f how and when you used our website or services, interactions with our website or services, log in information, resources that you access, your Internet protocol address, your browser type, and your device type), as well as your preferences.
- When you use our website or services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our website or Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- If you enable the collection of location information on your device, then we may collect information about your actual location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates. We may also use other technologies to determine your location (such as through the location of nearby Wi-Fi access points or cell towers), or obtain your location information from third parties.
- We may collect your phone number in several ways. For example, we may collect your phone number: (i) if you submit your phone number to us through our website; (ii) by capturing your phone number if you call us; or (iii) if a third party provides your phone number to us. WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR INFORMATION ON OUR PORTAL, YOU MAY GET A PHONE CALL FROM A THIRD-PARTY LENDER OR REAL ESTATE BROKER OR AGENT. THIS LENDER OR REAL ESTATE BROKER OR AGENT MAY CALL OR EMAIL YOU, EVEN IF YOUR NUMBER IS ON A DO NOT CALL LIST. Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you sending an email to OPTOUT@homecaptain.com and placing the term “DO NOT CALL” in the subject line or by calling us at 877-847-4302.
- Anonymous user information. We use this information to better accommodate and serve our visitors, but it is kept confidential and not disclosed to any other parties. We utilize this information solely to improve our website and the user experience. Home Captain, Inc. utilizes “cookies” throughout our site to improve each user’s experience and help us understand our visitors’ needs. A cookie is a small file comprised of text that contains your anonymous information. This information is sent from a Web site to your computer’s hard drive, so the site administrator can identify your computer and passively track its activities on the Web site. We may also us a “pixel tag” which is a type of technology placed within a website or email for the purpose of tracking activity and is often used in combination with cookies. We may also use other “anonymous identifiers” which are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available. Please note that, in most cases, you can remove or block cookies (such as by using the settings in your browser), but doing so may affect your ability to use our Services. Cookies and other anonymous identifiers do not permit a Web site to store any personally identifiable information, such as your real name and address, which you would not have revealed otherwise. Home Captain, Inc. uses this information to help us find errors on our website and determine how popular each webpage is so we can add more information to it and continue to provide top of the line customer support.
- Financial, Real estate and/or insurance professionals. After they receive your information, they may contact you directly via phone or email. You may be contacted by one of our lenders affiliates. Our affiliates operate under federal and/or state laws and regulations. Our lenders and real estate professionals may keep and use your information if you do or do not qualify for a transaction with them.
- To comply with a subpoena, court order, to exercise our legal rights, to protect our company or employees from threats or fraud, to protect us from legal claims, or as required by law. We may raise or waive any legal rights available to us. This information might also be disclosed in the event that Home Captain, Inc. is part of a merger, sale of the company, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- To enforce or protect our rights