Home Captain, Inc. is NOT a lender or affiliated with any government entity, including but not limited to the VA.
Home Captain, Inc. (Last Updated: June 14, 2018)
1. Our Secure System Protects You.
Our website uses procedures and technology designed to provide the highest levels of security. Any information you submit on our website is protected by an Extended Validation Certificate. An Extended Validation Certificate is the most up to date form of SSL Certificate encryption security, and it ensures that any data you send to our website is properly encrypted and can’t be accessed by hackers or others wishing to gain access to your personal information. Only authorized agents of Home Captain, Inc., can access your private information. We understand that online customers must be assured that their information will be kept secure, but we have to warn that no computer security systems are completely impenetrable and we cannot guarantee that your information will remain safe. You, as a consumer, should always take adequate measures to protect your personal information to prevent potential identity theft.
2. The type of information we collect and how we use it.
The data that we may collect can include the following. This depends on the pages of your website that you visit:
- Browsing information. Name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the IP address of your computer, the type and version of the browser and operating system that you are using, web log data including the date and time you access our website, and the internet address of the website from which you linked to our site.
- Contacts and relationships. Through the forms that you fill out on this website you may be asked to provide your name, email address, telephone number and address.
- Email information. Home Captain, Inc. may also use “message format” and “message open” sensing technologies to enable Home Captain, Inc. to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and other personally identifiable information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, and additional demographic information.
- media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, other users and our business partners.
- We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of our website or services (such as details of how and when you used our website or services, interactions with our website or services, log in information, resources that you access, your Internet protocol address, your browser type, and your device type), as well as your preferences.
- When you use our website or services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our website or Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- If you enable the collection of location information on your device, then we may collect information about your actual location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates. We may also use other technologies to determine your location (such as through the location of nearby Wi-Fi access points or cell towers), or obtain your location information from third parties.
- We may collect your phone number in several ways. For example, we may collect your phone number: (i) if you submit your phone number to us through our website; (ii) by capturing your phone number if you call us; or (iii) if a third party provides your phone number to us. WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR INFORMATION ON OUR PORTAL, YOU MAY GET A PHONE CALL FROM A THIRD-PARTY LENDER OR REAL ESTATE BROKER OR AGENT. THIS LENDER OR REAL ESTATE BROKER OR AGENT MAY CALL OR EMAIL YOU, EVEN IF YOUR NUMBER IS ON A DO NOT CALL LIST. Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you sending an email to OPTOUT@homecaptain.com and placing the term “DO NOT CALL” in the subject line or by calling us at 877-847-4302.
- Anonymous user information. We use this information to better accommodate and serve our visitors, but it is kept confidential and not disclosed to any other parties. We utilize this information solely to improve our website and the user experience. Home Captain, Inc. utilizes “cookies” throughout our site to improve each user’s experience and help us understand our visitors’ needs. A cookie is a small file comprised of text that contains your anonymous information. This information is sent from a Web site to your computer’s hard drive, so the site administrator can identify your computer and passively track its activities on the Web site. We may also us a “pixel tag” which is a type of technology placed within a website or email for the purpose of tracking activity and is often used in combination with cookies. We may also use other “anonymous identifiers” which are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available. Please note that, in most cases, you can remove or block cookies (such as by using the settings in your browser), but doing so may affect your ability to use our Services. Cookies and other anonymous identifiers do not permit a Web site to store any personally identifiable information, such as your real name and address, which you would not have revealed otherwise. Home Captain, Inc. uses this information to help us find errors on our website and determine how popular each webpage is so we can add more information to it and continue to provide top of the line customer support.
- Calls and text messages. Calls between you and Home Captain, Inc., or between you and third parties made through Home Captain, Inc. (such as real estate agents or lenders you contact about a property through a form or link on our website, or using contact information found on our website), may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. You will be notified at the beginning of a call if it may be recorded or monitored. Home Captain, Inc. uses a third-party service provider to track phone calls and text messages between you and real estate professionals so that we and the real estate professional can access certain details about the contact. As part of this process, Home Captain, Inc. and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your call or text message, including the date and time of the call or text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
- Public content. You may provide information publicly through the Services, such as when you leave a review for a real estate professional, or when you contribute to discussion forums.
The customer information you provide may be used by us in the following ways:
- Your information may be used to process your request to be paired with a real estate agent and/or real estate broker and/or inform you of financial, real estate, insurance or other related services that may be of interest. We may utilize your information to reach out to you through e-mail, direct mail, or telephone. We may also use your information in order to provide you with a high level of customer support and to improve our website.
- provide and deliver the Services, process transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Home Captain, Inc. and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- revise, modify, and update existing Services and develop new Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Home Captain, Inc. and others;
- personalize the Services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
3. Third Party Use of information
4. Information We Share
Home Captain, Inc. reserves the right to share contact and/or personal information with third-party affiliates at any point in the future . We may share information you provide as follows:
- Financial, Real estate and/or insurance professionals. After they receive your information, they may contact you directly via phone or email. You may be contacted by, our lender affiliate North American Savings Bank. Our affiliates operate under federal and/or state laws and regulations. Our lenders and real estate professionals may keep and use your information if you do or do not qualify for a transaction with them.
- To comply with a subpoena, court order, to exercise our legal rights, to protect our company or employees from threats or fraud, to protect us from legal claims, or as required by law. We may raise or waive any legal rights available to us. This information might also be disclosed in the event that Home Captain, Inc. is part of a merger, sale of the company, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- To enforce or protect our rights
5. Email Management
You may receive email from Home Captain, Inc. for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or you are looking for a home with one of our network agents. You can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
6. It is your choice as to what information you provide to us.
You may not be able to use certain portions of the website properly if you don’t give us all of your information, but it is your choice. We encourage our customers to provide all requested information so we can provide the highest level of customer service and offer the appropriate products to our customers.
7. Federal and state laws may require us to hold information for certain periods of time.
In order to comply with these laws, we may not be permitted to delete certain information from our database.
8. Visitors to our website who fill out our pre-qualification form or eligibility request have ‘opted-in’ to receive a series of newsletters .
These newsletters will be sent periodically by Home Captain, Inc. These newsletters are complimentary and provide information on our services and may contain commercial offers from our trusted partners. If you wish to opt-out of these newsletters, or any further communication from Home Captain, Inc., please send an email to OPTOUT@homecaptain.comand include the term “OPT OUT” in the subject line or call us at 877-847-4302.
Please note that if you submit a Request through our Services and we share Your Information as described above in connection with your Request, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of Your Information in connection with that Request.
9. Business Transfers
10. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to use this website or receive services from Home Captain, Inc.
11. Other Information.
Call 877-847-4302 to speak with a Home Captain Client Services Representative.
Special Notification for California Residents — Your California Privacy Rights
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at Peter.Goodman@homecaptain.com or in writing at:
Home Captain, Inc.
1517 VoorhiesAvenue; 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11235
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.